REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
This Rural Health West CPD workshop provides obstetric teams with the necessary skills to effectively manage problems which may occur during neonatal delivery and post-natal care. Covering neonatal resuscitation, ventilation, chest compression, endotracheal intubation, the workshop also considers ethical questions and how lessons learned can be implemented to improve care in a local setting. Information and teaching is delivered via seminars, case studies, practical hands-on sessions and also mega code scenarios involving the entire resuscitation team.
This workshop content will include:
• understanding the physiology of normal transition at birth;
• understanding approaches to neonatal resuscitation;
• participant demonstration of proficient resuscitation skills;
• participant demonstration of the ability to lead full neonatal resuscitation and co-ordinate the response of others; and
• understanding how lessons learnt can be implemented to improve care in the local setting.
GP obstetricians, medical practitioners and midwives. Priority is given to those working in the local region.
one day 8.30am-5.00pm
midwives/nurses - $220 (including GST)
GP/GPO - $440 (including GST)
This workshop is accredited with RACGP and ACRRM for continuing professional development points and is approved for the Rural Procedural Grants Program. Please contact your relevant college before attending training if you wish to apply for the grant.
Workshops cancellation/refund policy:
cancellations received four weeks prior to the workshop will receive a full refund of workshop fee. Cancellations received fourteen (14) days prior will receive a 50 per cent refund. Refunds for cancellations received with less than fourteen (14) days notice will be considered on an individual case basis.