Following on from April's broadcast 'Women's Health: Menopause, Contraception and Adolescent health' Dr Olga Ward is again joined by Dr Robyn Leake and Dr Susan Downes to discuss pregnancy and child birth health issues and practical approaches to managing these in the rural setting, including;
- Vitamins and supplements for pregnant women
- Vaccination during pregnancy
- Antenatal screening tests and the first trimester screening test
- The legal requirements for termination of pregnancy counseling in WACaesarian sections and induced labour
- Post-partum care and support for post-natal depression
We also discuss Ovulation tracking with Dr Narelle Hadlow from Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, and Carolyn Wall from The Jean Hailes Foundation provides further information on this wormen's health organisation.
This broadcast has been allocated two CPD points by The RACGP and one CPD point by ACRRM. CPD points are not guaranteed and are subject to review by both agencies.