Apply for a student grant to attend professional development events.
We offer a limited number of sponsorships for medical, nursing and allied health students to attend conferences and professional development.
2018 SARRAH National Conference
12-14 September 2018 | Darwin Convention Centre, DARWIN
Changing Landscapes, Changing Lives
Rural Health West is offering five sponsorships of $2,000 for full-time allied health students undertaking university studies in Western Australia to attend the 2018 SARRAH National Conference.
To apply for sponsorship, students will need to respond (in 500 words or less) to the following:
Why do you wish to attend and what benefits with you gain from attending?
You will also need to download the sponsorship application form and completed all the required information.
Successful applicants will receive $2,000 towards program-only registration, accommodation and travel costs.
Sponsorship applications close Wednesday 27 June 2018 and are to be returned to the Future Workforce Project Officer via:
Post: PO Box 433, Nedlands, WA 6909
Fax: 08 6389 4501
For further information regarding the sponsorship applications, contact the Future Workforce Project Officer on 08 6389 4500.
To view the full conference information visit www.sarrahconference.com
External links to scholarships for health students and health professionals
These scholarships are available to students currently studying medicine.
- Australian Government Department of Health - Medical Rural Bonded Scholarship
- Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship
- Australian Medical Association - Indigenous Peoples Scholarship
- Country Women's Association of Western Australia - CWA Rural Medical Scholarship
These scholarships are available for students currently studying nursing and midwifery.
These scholarships are available to students studying in an allied health discipline.
These scholarships are available to students currently studying Pharmacy.
These scholarships are available to students studying health promotion.
These scholarships cover a range of health professions.
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Australian-American Fulbright Commission
- The University of Western Australia
- Edith Cowan University
- Curtin University
- Australian National University
- Lime Network
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Country Women's Association
- WA Country Health Service
- Health promotion research grants