Aboriginal Health Conference – Call for abstracts
Kaya! Call for Abstracts – now open!
Rural Health West is seeking abstracts for the Aboriginal Health Conference to be held at the Esplanade Hotel by Rydges in Walyalup, Fremantle on 18 and 19 November 2023.
The Aboriginal Health Conference will focus on the dedication of Elders. It will provide an opportunity to come together and learn from those who came before us, hear their stories and reflect on how we can move through the challenges faced in the community.
Themes and Topics
We are now calling for abstracts for oral presentations and poster presentations under the following streams:
- Caring for Elders
- Social and emotional wellbeing
- Culturally competent care
- Sexual health
- Health across the life course
While these themes are provided for guidance, abstracts may be applicable across multiple streams and all innovative projects, programs, research and initiatives are encouraged to submit.
All abstracts will be considered based on the merit of the individual submission and will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference streams and learning objectives addressed
- Importance of presentation topic
- Relevance of content to audience
- Contemporary or innovative issue
Abstracts that align to a conference stream are preferred, but not essential.
|Important dates to remember|
|Call for abstracts close||07 August 2023|
|Notification of selection process||23 August 2023|
|Written acceptance of offer to present||30 August 2023|
|Deadline for presenter registration||25 September 2023|
|Deadline for abstract summary and e-poster artwork||9 October 2023|
|Aboriginal Health Conference – Wyalup||18-19 November 2023|
Abstract submission guidelines
- structured providing an outline of the aim/s and content of the presentation.
- no more than 300 words long.
- completed in full, including a biography of each presenting author(s)
- submitted electronically via the abstract portal
- submitted by 5pm Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) on 07 August 2023. Abstracts received after this date will NOT be accepted.
- presented by the specified presenting author(s) except in an emergency, such as illness, where an alternative speaker can be nominated. The first author (as given on the abstract submission form) will be the main contact for any correspondence.
Abstracts are submitted via the online submission portal here.
If you have any questions regarding your submission, please refer to our Abstract Submission Guidelines. For all abstract enquiries or if you have not received notification of your abstract results by 24 August 2023, please contact the Events team.
If you would like to discuss potential travel support to the conference please contact the Events team on [email protected] or 08 6389 4500.
The Aboriginal Health Conference 2023 will take place on Whadjuk country. We acknowledge the Whadjuk Nyoongar people as the Traditional Owners of the Perth region and recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respect to Whadjuk elders past and present and their cultures. We are committed to a positive future for the Aboriginal community.