Vacancies >> New Graduates

Graduate Healthcare Jobs

Discover graduate healthcare jobs and opportunities with Rural Health West, a free recruitment service for the rural health sector in WA. Each year, we help newly graduated physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, dentists and dental hygienists, mental health professionals and others find their first professional role.

View Current Vacancies

Why Go Through Rural Health West?

We will help you find the right graduate healthcare job in the right location, one that best suits your lifestyle and needs. Rural Health West also supports new graduates through:

  • Professional development – we offer a suite of training and development opportunities, which we bring to rural communities.
  • Grants and bursaries – through the Australian Government Department of Health’s Health Workforce Scholarship Program, we can help you cover the cost of training, education, conferences and associated travel and accommodation.
  • Health Professionals Networks– established regional networks provide health professionals with opportunities to network, upskill, share information and collaborate with other like-minded health professionals within your region.
  • Relocation assistance – we can provide financial support to assist you with relocating and settling in a new region for the first time as a graduate.
  • Employer support – we work with a number of employers to support them with the development and implementation of programs that support new graduates in being successful at their roles.

Five people smiling and looking at the laptop

Explore Your Options

View current vacancies for graduate healthcare jobs across rural WA below. With Rural Health West, you can start your career in a supportive community that matches your professional and personal aspirations.

View Current Vacancies

Alternatively, email the Rural Health West team to discuss your interests and get personalised support in finding the right graduate healthcare job for you. We are here to guide you through every step.

Email The Team

Frequently Asked Questions

What will an employer be looking for on my CV as a new graduate?

On your CV, an employer will look for anything relevant to the job you are applying for. This includes volunteer experience, clinical placements and any research you may have done.

What can help make me stand out to an employer?

Stand out to employers by tailoring your CV and cover letter to the job you are applying for, and always address the selection criteria the job ad is asking for.

What are the salary differences between working in Perth vs rural WA for a graduate healthcare role?

This is hard to say. Salaries can sometimes be more, and some organisations have access to remote area allowances.

How should I prepare for an online interview?

Before any online interview, always do your research on the organisation you are applying for. This could be by visiting their website or connecting with someone that works there. It’s also a good idea to have relevant questions prepared that are tailored to the job.

How do I go about finding accommodation if I move to a rural location for a graduate healthcare job?

Various shires have programs in place to help graduate healthcare workers. The Health Professionals Networks can also help if you add your profile to their respective regional website. We can put you in touch with other health professionals moving to the area around the same time as well.

Do you recruit locum nurses, dentists and allied health professionals for short-term contracts?

Yes, we can advertise and recruit for locum positions in these roles. We consider a locum position to be from two weeks to 12 months.

How much supervision and support will I receive from my employer if I work rurally?

Rural Health West look to place you in an organisation where you will receive at least 12 months mentoring and supervision along with in-house personal development for a graduate healthcare role.

When can I apply for graduate healthcare jobs?

You can start to apply for graduate healthcare jobs up to six months prior to graduation. In some instances, organisations will take your application 12 months out from graduation. Our employers understand the Ahpra registration process and timeframe upon graduation and so take this into account when making a job offer.

What grants can Rural Health West help with?

Rural Health West can provide you with grants for relocation assistance. We ask that you compile costs related to getting you to your town of employment. The more remote you go, the more grant money you may be eligible for. There are caps in place, so it’s best to speak to our NMDAH Recruitment team.

How can Rural Health West help me?

Rural Health West is funded to attract, recruit and retain health professionals. We do this through a free recruitment service, where we match you with suitable employers in rural WA. We also provide grant programs to assist with relocation and professional development.

What is the difference between being salaried vs commission?

We would recommend all graduates take a salaried position. A commission-based role works on a percentage of billings, which isn’t reliable when you have no or minimal caseload in your first few months. A base plus commission position can be beneficial once you are set up and running with a full caseload.

What sort of salary can I expect for a new healthcare graduate job?

A rough estimate for a new healthcare graduate job salary would be anywhere from $70k.

How can I apply for the relocation grant?

We ask you to email Brooke Wilson to find out what grants you are eligible for. We will ask for your CV and signed employment contract initially in a Modified Monash Model (MMM) 2 location and above, then request further evidence of costs.

What funding can I apply for to get professional development?

We offer scholarships and bursaries through the Health Workforce Scholarship Program. You can apply twice a year (two rounds), with rounds normally in March and September. Scholarships/bursaries can be used for upskilling and higher education.

Is there a minimum return of service to access the relocation grant?

Yes, we request the contract to confirm the position is a minimum of 12 months and .4FTE for the relocation grant.

Do you provide any locum grants for nursing, dental and allied health positions?

Yes, we provide a $500 locum travel subsidy to health professionals for assistance with travel to and from their placement.

What can I expect on my first year out in a graduate healthcare job?

Rural Health West works hard to ensure you are placed in a supportive organisation that can mentor and supervise you in the first 12 months of your graduate healthcare job. You can apply for a scholarship/bursary through the Health Workforce Scholarship Program and graduate relocation grant to help with relocating.

What happens once I start my first job in rural WA; is there further support available?

Yes, absolutely! We have Health Professionals Networks (HPNs) with dedicated administration support in each region of WA. The HPNs have websites for each region, which list personal development events, social networking, rooms for rent and much more information. Once you have started in your new town, we will put you in touch with your HPN representative and they will introduce themselves to you. Rural Health West will also send you an orientation pack that can assist with your settling in period.

Current Vacancies