Rural & Remote Emergency Medicine Skills Workshop | Kalgoorlie
The Rural and Remote Emergency Medicine Workshop is an interactive two-day program that focuses on developing the emergency management skills and knowledge of rural and remote clinicians. Facilitated by experienced emergency and critical care clinicians the workshop addresses both adult and paediatric emergency presentations in a rural and remote context, including:
• Identification and management of critically ill patients
• Approach and management of the agitated patient in a rural ED
• Management of severe traumatic brain injury
• Advanced airway management
• Emergency procedural skills
• Approach to Mass Casualty Events in the rural and remote setting including pre- and in-hospital preparedness and management
Immersive simulation scenarios will provide participants the opportunity to apply, practice and consolidate acquired skills and knowledge throughout the course.
Day 1: 7.45am to 6.00pm (followed by networking event)
Day 2: 8.00am to 4.30pm
Eligibility: All medical practitioners, emergency department doctors and nurses, and paramedics. Priority is given to those working in the local region.
Expression of Interest: Click here to register your interest for the course. Applications close on 9 January 2023. Successful candidates will receive written confirmation by email and an invoice for payment.