Trauma Skills Refresher Course | Katanning
The one- day Trauma Refresher Skills course is designed for rural and remote doctors, nurses and paramedics working in sites that have no dedicated trauma service and are required to provide care to the critically ill trauma patient. Facilitated by experienced interprofessional emergency medicine clinicians, participants will have to opportunity to refresh their skills in the management of the critically ill trauma patient and consolidate the crucial principles of trauma management through skills workshops and interactive case discussions. Participants will have the opportunity to practice essential trauma procedures including vascular access and chest drain insertion, bringing it all together in immersive simulation scenarios.
The objectives of this course:
• Revise and consolidate crucial trauma management principles
• Practise and enhance skills in essential trauma procedures including large bore vascular access, IO, chest
decompression, ICC insertion, pelvic binder and more
• Demonstrate an understanding of the critical aspects in burns management
• Recognise the unique clinical challenges in the assessment and management of trauma in special populations
• Review aspects of crisis resource management, initiate effective communication amongst the resuscitation team and
identify barriers to a successful resuscitation
Program: 7.45am to 5.20pm
Eligibility: All medical practitioners, emergency department doctors and nurses, and paramedics. Priority is given to those working in the local region.
Expression of Interest: Click here to register your interest for the course. Applications close on 13 February 2023. Successful candidates will receive written confirmation by email and an invoice for payment.