ARC Advanced Life Support | Northam
An Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) accredited course, this two day program aims to teach the theory and practical skills to effectively manage cardio/respiratory arrest, peri-arrest situations and special circumstances, and to prepare senior members of a multidisciplinary team to manage the patient until transfer to a critical care area if possible. The course focuses on achieving advanced resuscitation competencies and is also designed to develop leadership and team skills in managing such emergencies.
• Recognition, assessment and management of the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
• Treat cardiac and/or respiratory arrest, including manual defibrillation
• Management of life-threatening arrhythmias
• Preparing and planning post resuscitation care
• Care for the deteriorating patient or patient in cardiac arrest in circumstances such as asthma, anaphylaxis, and pregnancy
• Lead a team, work as a team member, and use structured communication skills including giving an effective handover
• Candidates who successfully complete the program receive an ARC ALS2 Provider certificate, valid for 4 years.
$300 for WACHS employees
$600 for other Health Service employees
$1500 for external candidates
Expressions of Interest:
To register your expression of interest for this course, click here and lodge an online application by COB 3 February 2023. Shortlisting will commence shortly after the closing date, successful applicants will be notified via email with registration and payment details.