Rural Outdoor Adventure Race (ROAR) I Kings Park
This event provides an opportunity for junior doctors and medical students to learn, experience and practice elements of emergency care in a stimulating wilderness environment around King’s Park in Western Australia. Your team will work together under Perth’s best emergency physicians to diagnose, stabilise and ‘save lives’.
The teaching and learning priorities for each scenario are:
- Scene safety and management of the environment
- A structured approach to the assessment of the critically ill patient (DRSABCDE)
- Prioritised supportive and specific management of the clinical conditions
- Stabilisation and transport planning including basic necessities of the patient and group
- Leadership, teamwork and communication
- 1.5 day education program
- Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea Saturday
- Morning tea & lunch Sunday
- Event handbook
- Rural Health West backpack
- Rural Health West water bottle
- Rural Health West hat
Eligibility: Final year medical students, Interns (PGY1), PGY2 and PGY3.
Length: 1.5 days
Cost: $180 (Inc. GST). A limited number of sponsored places are available to attend. CLICK HERE for more information.
You will receive an email link for payment in an event confirmation email. Payment is required within 10 days of receiving the email. If full payment is not received within 10 days, your place will be offered to another delegate.
- Applicants who give notice of cancellation of four (4) weeks or more will receive a full refund of the workshop registration fee.
- Applicants who withdraw from the workshop on or 14 days prior will receive a 50% refund of the workshop registration fee.
- Applicants who fail to attend the workshop or who withdraw from the workshop less than 14 days of the workshop date are not eligible for a refund.
The Privacy Act 2014 provides that before your personal contact details can be published or made available to major sponsors, exhibitors and other parties directly related to this workshop, you must give your consent. If you do not consent to your contact details being provided to the abovementioned parties, please contact the CPD team at [email protected] or telephone 08 6389 4500.
Photo and Video Footage
Photos and video footage may be taken by either Rural Health West staff or other participants during the course of this event. This imagery may be used in Rural Health West marketing material to either promote future events or in the Rural Health Matters newsletter. If you do not consent to photos or videos being taken, please contact the CPD team [email protected] or 08 6389 4500.